Down Memory Lane #210
By Fred Mellen
These items were taken from the August 1, 1957 issue of the Bow Island Graphic Newspaper.
– Roy Adolf who is stationed with the RCMP at McCarey, Man. has been home for a holiday. He was accompanied by Miss Violet Marx. While Roy was here he took his parents, Mr. and Mrs. B. Adolf and Grandma, on a holiday through the state of Washington, stopping at Seattle and Tacoma where Grandma had a wonderful time with relatives she had not seen for 55 years. They then went on to Victoria and visited with Edna and her husband, Mr. and Mrs. Don Gilmour.
– Mr. and Mrs. Alfred Egan and Del accompanied by Mrs. Allan Hunt and Bruce spent the weekend at Regina where they visited with Doug Egan.
– Twelve youngsters received their first Communion, July 21 at St. Michael’s Church, following the Catechism classes which were conducted by the Sisters of St. Theresa’s of Medicine Hat. Six girls and six boys took part in the services: Debra Irene Roth, Brenda Anne Zacher, Patricia Allen, Josephine Anne Flamme, Terry Louise Heck and Diane Margaret Roth; Wilfred Randall Heck, Joseph Raymond Aresenault, John Rowinski, Lorne Edward Schlachter, Kevin Joseph Bauer and John Elroy Brosz.
– Mr. and Mrs. Clarence Thurston are receiving congratulations on the birth of a daughter Katherine Louise, born at Medicine Hat on July 21.
– Mr. and Mrs. Haskill Jenkins and Mr. and Mrs. Donald Jenkins and family motored to Edmonton to attend the wedding of Miss Joyce Jenkins to Clifford Savoie at Namao RCAF Station.
– Mr. and Mrs. Livingston have moved here from Saskatchewan and are living in the house formerly occupied by the Dubbleboer family. Mrs. Livingston will be teaching on the staff at the Bow Island School.
– Mr. Tom Lynch was home for the weekend with his family, prior to being transferred to the job as Supt. of Construction at the Greisback Barracks at Edmonton.
– Mr. and Mrs. Ray Ulrich were recent visitors to Wilkie where they visited with Ray’s parents, and to Kindersley where they attended the wedding of Mrs. Ulrich’s sister, Miss Betty Edmonds.
– Mr. and Mrs. William Matchet of Bow Island wish to announce the engagement of their youngest daughter Edna (Dolly) to George E. Seymour, son of Mr. and Mrs. Robert E. Seymour of Swan River, Manitoba. The wedding will take place August 19 at St. Michael’s Church in Bow Island.
– Pastor Dahlen held a Baptism Service at the Lutheran Church last Sunday for little Terran Grandberg, son of Mr. and Mrs. W. Grandberg. Mr. and Mrs. McIntosh of Edmonton were sponsors.
– A week ago Mr. and Mrs. Floyd Nelson had their baby son Curtis baptized in the Lutheran Church by Pastor Dahlen. Rev. and Mrs. Dahlen were sponsors.
That’s all for this week. This has been another Stroll Down Memory Lane with Old Fred Mellen