By Fred Mellen
Down Memory Lane #273
These items were taken from the July 17, 1958 issue of the Graphic Newspaper
– A front page story announced that Patricia Berry and Denis Berg were united in marriage on July 10 in Lethbridge. Patricia is the daughter of Mrs. A.B. Carlson of Bow Island, Denis is the son of Mr. and Mrs. R.A. Berg of Weeks, Saskatchewan.
– A front page item announced that Robert S. Davidson, a district old-timer has passed away. He was 69. The pallbearers were John Egan, Walter Wallwork, Fred Fairbairn, Art Doran, John Kimmitt and Jack McCarten. Burial was at Hillside Cemetery in Medicine Hat. He is survived by his wife Annie of Bow Island, one son Roy of Bow Island and one daughter Ethel (Mrs. Robert Kimmitt) of Lethbridge, two brothers, Judson of Shelby, Montana and Whitney of Coalinga, California.
– Joanne McNeely, Deloris Hadnagy, Sharyl Ell and Nellie Dubbleboer returned on Wednesday from their week of camping at Elkwater Guide Camp. The rain dampened their activity part of the time but they still reported a wonderful time. There were more than 30 Guides attending the camp.
– A large advertisement by the Town of Bow Island featured articles of a By Law to incur a debt to convert the gas system distribution system from low pressure to medium pressure in Phase 1 (south of the railway). The cost will be approximately $31,000 and will be repaid over 20 years at 6% interest.
Foremost News by Odella and Pauline Unser
– Darlene Granberg and William Hollingsworth wed in Lethbridge. The bride is the daughter of Mr. and Mrs. M.N. Granberg of Foremost, and the groom is the son of Mr. and Mrs. John Hollingsworth of Waterford, Ontario. Mr. and Mrs. Hollingsworth have now taken up residence in Foremost.
– Lea Jean Linderman becomes bride of Albert John Sepp in Lethbridge on June 24. Mr. and Mrs. Sepp have taken up residence in Calgary.
This has been another Stroll Down Memory Lane with Old Fred Mellen