Bow Island/Foremost RCMP is encouraging people to not leave valuable items in their vehicles after responding to a report of a theft of rifles in Burdett.
Sometime between 8:30 a.m. on March 15 and 3:00 p.m. on March 16, two rifles were stolen from a vehicle in Burdett.
Anybody with information regarding this crime or in locating the person(s) responsible, can contact the Bow Island detachment at 403-545-2784.
They also remind people to ensure their property is locked and can take the following precautions to reduce the risk of theft of their property:
1. Do not leave valuable items in vulnerable areas (places that are easily accessible or in predictable hiding places).
2. Ensure adequate lighting is installed and maintained.
3. Consider installing a surveillance system. (Simple systems are available now at a very reasonable cost.)
4. Document the Make, model, and serial numbers of your property (very important).
5. Be alert and report suspicious behaviour immediately. (Watch out for each other and call police if you see someone in a place they should not be.)
6. If you are leaving your property unattended, be sure to have a neighbour or friend check on it while you are away.
Leave a Reply
You must be logged in to post a comment.